Archiving in SAP®
For superior workflows
Archiving in SAP® is the backbone for all of your document-intensive business processes. Regardless of how a document arrives at the company, whether by email, scan or PDF, your SAP® archive system bundles all the information and documents together on an audit-proof and retrievable basis. Put an end to long searches for the most recent invoice or pay slip. Place your trust in the market leader for archiving systems: EASY Archive for SAP Solutions is the link between your SAP system, your company’s documents and the archive.
As a result of the increasing digital mapping of business processes, the amount of electronic data and documents is growing rapidly – a challenge for your SAP Archive as the large quantity of data puts a strain on system performance and slows down your work with the SAP system. Increasing the in-memory database is linked with considerable costs.
Archiving with EASY – more performance for your SAP system
The solution for archiving your data and documents is EASY Archive for SAP Solutions. The SAP-certified interface connects the SAP system to the underlying external EASY Archive via the integrated SAP component ArchiveLink and stores data and documents from the SAP system which are not needed immediately in the EASY Archive. This creates performance capacities, while the data which is archived on an audit-proof basis remains available for your daily work.
The underlying EASY Archive not only processes the data and documents from your SAP system, it also processes all the data and documents generated in other applications. This creates the basis for the numerous functions of the EASY solution that go beyond pure filing.
EASY Archive for SAP Solutions connects your SAP system with EASY Archive and stores data and documents in a resource-friendly way
Archive documents in SAP securely and continue working with them
With EASY Archive, you have a filing location for your data and documents that offers several benefits. Data and documents are filed in an audit-proof way and meet compliance and data protection requirements such as GoBD (the Principles for Duly Maintaining, Keeping and Storing Books, Records and Documents in Electronic Form and for Data Access) and the GDPR. The data and documents in EASY Archive can be made available again after archiving.
The slimline, high-performance solution has been largely pre-configured and can be connected to your SAP system without any problems – even during operation.
Functions of EASY Archive for SAP Solution
With EASY Archive for SAP Solutions you can achieve more than just storage of your data and documents. The solution supports you through numerous additional functions for optimizing your business processes:
- SAP documents and documents from other systems can be linked with each other according to process and bundled into thematically related files. That means you can see everything that belongs together at a glance.
- Archived SAP data and non-SAP data can be searched directly from the SAP environment using the full text search. This means you can avoid the inconvenience of switching between various systems when searching, saving you valuable time.
- Data and documents can be connected with additional metadata via EASY Archive for SAP Solutions, which makes it possible to search SAP data with the archive client, even outside SAP.
- Data and documents can be archived according to process for all enterprise applications and integrated into processes, meaning you can design versatile business processes that are not limited to SAP.
Classification and assignment
Working with documents
Information-centered work with the archive for SAP
EASY Archive for SAP Solutions interfaces flawlessly with your SAP system. This is no coincidence, because EASY attributes considerable importance to the strict integration of SAP documents according to SAP standards. The integration has already been certified several times for the latest versions of SAP.
As an independent additional component, the archiving solution in SAP ensures that SAP documents are stored independently of the actual SAP system. Access to these documents is possible from a variety of standard applications, such as Microsoft® SharePoint and many more.
Benefits of the archiving solution for SAP
If you want to increase efficiency and simultaneously maintain process security, then EASY Archive for SAP Solutions is the right solution for you as it offers a number of benefits:
- Cost and capacity savings – the volume of data in the running application is reduced, which improves system performance and eliminates the need to spend money on expensive additional storage
- Audit security – data and documents are stored in compliance with legal requirements for data archiving
- High access speeds – data and documents are quickly accessible thanks to full-text search and the avoidance of media disruptions
- Processing speeds – import and index up to 700,000 output documents per hour on a standard server platform
- SAP certification – Certification by SAP SE means EASY Archive for SAP Solutions supports all the functions of the SAP ArchiveLink standard interface, and offers many useful expansions for SAP ArchiveLink
- Seamless process integration – by linking with external documents and other corporate applications, processes can be meaningfully linked and optimized
Enhancements for archiving in SAP
You can make more out of your SAP archive solution with the additional modules for EASY Archive for SAP Solutions.
Use the full potential of EASY Archive for SAP Solutions with the additional modules for EASY Archive for SAP Solutions
Stay on top of things with an archive for SAP
The EASY solution manages far more than just the archiving in SAP. EASY Archive for SAP Solutions supports you with several additional functions for the optimization of your business processes, for example, through
- the archiving of extensive print lists and journals
- the automation of your incoming invoice processing or incoming customer orders
- the storage of all documents, from purchasing through to payment processes
- the storage of personal data
- linking with external documents, e.g. externally generated service reports
You can archive any document in your company in SAP with ease
- Print lists, journals, dunning lists
- Customer orders
- Incoming and outgoing invoices
- Personnel files, customer and project files
- Process emails
Archiving in SAP – the basis for clean data in SAP S/4HANA
The number of documents and data in a company are not to be underestimated. The information they contain is the basis for business success. Without an archiving system, they often cannot be used optimally for work processes. Moreover, the legal situation in Germany is unambiguous; there are clear legal requirements as to how documents containing personal data have to be managed, for example, retention periods for personnel files. The auditing of invoices also follows specific schedules; they generally need to be retained for ten years. Virtually all business-relevant documents are subject to a life cycle which culminates in their archiving.
When it comes to a planned migration to SAP S/4HANA in particular, it is a good idea to migrate all documents and data cleanly with the help of an archive system. This results in less complexity during the migration and significant cost savings with the use of SAP S/4HANA.