Archiving in SAP®
For superior workflows
Archiving in SAP® is the backbone for all of your document-intensive business processes. Regardless of how a document arrives at the company, whether by email, scan or PDF, your SAP® archive system bundles all the information and documents together on an audit-proof and retrievable basis. Put an end to long searches for the most recent invoice or pay slip. Place your trust in the market leader for archiving systems: EASY Archive for SAP Solutions is the link between your SAP system, your company documents and the archive.
More data demands better performance
Due to the increasing digital mapping of business processes, the amount of electronic data and documents is rapidly growing – a challenge for your SAP Archive as the large quantity of data puts a strain on system performance and slows down your work with the SAP system. Increasing the in-memory database is linked with considerable costs.
Archiving with EASY – more performance for your SAP system
The solution for archiving your data and documents is EASY Archive for SAP Solutions. The SAP-certified interface connects the SAP system to the underlying external EASY Archive via the integrated SAP component ArchiveLink and stores data and documents from the SAP system which are not needed immediately in the EASY Archive. This creates performance capacities, while the data which is archived on an audit-proof basis remains available for your daily work.
The underlying EASY Archive not only processes the data and documents from your SAP system, but it also processes all the data and documents generated in other applications. This creates the basis for the numerous functions of the EASY solution that go beyond simple filing.
Archive documents in SAP securely and continue working with them
With EASY Archive, you have a storage location for your data and documents that offers several benefits. Data and documents are stored here in an audit-proof way and meet compliance and data protection requirements such as the GDPR. The data and documents in EASY Archive can be made available again after archiving.
The lean, high-performance solution has been largely preconfigured and can be easily connected to your SAP system without any problems – even during operation.
Functions of EASY Archive for SAP Solutions
With EASY Archive for SAP Solutions you can achieve more than just storing your data and documents. The solution supports you through numerous additional functions for optimising your business processes:
- SAP documents and documents from other systems can be linked to each other according to process and bundled into thematically related files. You can easily see everything that belongs together.
- Archived SAP data and non-SAP data can be searched directly from the SAP environment using the full text search. This means you can avoid the inconvenience of switching between various systems when searching and saves valuable time.
- Data and documents can be linked with additional metadata via EASY Archive for SAP Solutions, which makes it possible to search SAP data with the archive client even outside SAP.
- Data and documents can be archived according to process for all enterprise applications and integrated into processes, meaning you can design versatile business processes that are not limited to SAP.
Keep track of things with an archive for SAP
The EASY solution manages far more than just the archiving in SAP. EASY Archive for SAP Solutions supports you with several additional functions for the optimisation of your business processes, such as
- the archiving of extensive print lists and journals
- the automation of your incoming invoice processing or incoming customer orders
- the storage of all documents, from purchasing through to payment processes
- the storage of personal data
- linking with external documents, e.g. externally generated service reports
Benefits of the archiving solution for SAP
If you want to increase efficiency and simultaneously maintain process security, then EASY Archive for SAP Solutions is the right solution for you as it offers numerous advantages:
- Cost and capacity savings – the volume of data in the running application is reduced, which improves system performance and eliminates the need to spend money on expensive additional storage
- Audit security – data and documents are stored in compliance with legal requirements for data archiving
- High access speeds – data and documents are quickly accessible thanks to full-text search and the avoidance of media disruptions
- Processing speeds – import and index up to 700,000 output documents per hour on a standard server platform
- SAP certification – Certification by SAP SE means EASY Archive for SAP Solutions supports all the functions of the SAP ArchiveLink standard interface and offers many useful expansions for SAP ArchiveLink
- Seamless process integration – by linking with external documents and other corporate applications, processes can be meaningfully linked and optimized
Information-centered work with the archive for SAP
EASY Archive for SAP Solutions interfaces flawlessly with your SAP system. This is no coincidence, because EASY attributes considerable importance to the strict integration of SAP documents according to SAP standards. The integration has already been certified several times for the latest versions of SAP.
As an independent additional component, the archiving solution in SAP ensures that SAP documents are stored independently of the actual SAP system. Access to these documents is possible from a variety of standard applications, such as Microsoft® SharePoint and many more.
Archiving in SAP – the basis for clean data in SAP S/4HANA
The amount of documents and data in a company should not be underestimated. The information it contains is the basis for business success. Without an archiving system, they often cannot be used optimally for work processes. In addition, the legal situation is unambiguous; there are clear legal requirements as to how documents containing personal data have to be managed, for example retention periods for personnel files. The auditing of invoices also follows specific schedules. In fact, all business-relevant documents are subject to a life cycle which culminates in their archiving.
When it comes to a planned migration to SAP S/4HANA, it is a good idea to migrate all documents and data cleanly with the help of an archive system. This results in less complexity during the migration and significant cost savings with the use of SAP S/4HANA.
Enhancements for archiving in SAP
With the additional modules for EASY Archive for SAP Solutions, you can make more out of your SAP archive solution.
SmartAttach: Automated (late) assignment of documents to SAP documents
EASY SmartAttach for SAP Solutions links stored documents to an existing SAP data record (SAP Business Object). EASY Smart Link for SAP Solutions is a mass solution for linking external documents with SAP postings. For example, you can assign service slips to your outgoing invoices and therefore prove that the service has been provided at any time.
WebDAV for SAP ILM: GDPR-compliant archiving of documents and data
EASY WebDAV for SAP ILM fulfils all the requirements for the SAP ILM-capable storage of archive data and documents. This integration provides you with the foundations for sustainable life cycle management of your data. Uncertainties when it comes to processing personal data are in the past. The retention policies and retention periods that you set up in ILM are therefore transparently linked to the deletion processes in the archive. Your company also complies with the requirements of the GDPR.
SING: Document indexing for access without SAP access
The SING module enhances the original documents that have been stored with additional business metadata. This enables you to access and retrieve all your SAP documents via the EASY archive client. You use the convenient full text search feature independently from the SAP system.
Retrieval: Universal access to archives via SAP systems
EASY Retrieval for SAP Solutions enables SAP system users to easily access all company documents (SAP and non-SAP documents) that are stored in EASY Archive using their usual environment. For example, when creating shipping documents, you can access test reports that are stored in a separate EASY Archive.
You can easily archive any document in your company in SAP
- Print lists, journals, dunning lists
- Customer orders
- Incoming and outgoing invoices
- Personnel files, customer and project files
- Process emails
Your employees scan all documents immediately upon receipt, and via SAP Business Workflow, assign them individually to the correct operating process, which has already been predefined.
The incoming documents are issued with a barcode. They are scanned collectively and assigned to the correct operating process automatically by the barcode.
The operating process is posted, the corresponding document is then scanned and immediately assigned to this transaction manually.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is EASY Archive for SAP Solutions?
The SAP-certified interface connects the SAP system to the underlying external EASY Archive via the integrated SAP component ArchiveLink and stores data and documents from the SAP system to the EASY Archive.
Is EASY Archive for SAP Solutions certified by SAP?
EASY Archive for SAP Solutions is certified by SAP and supports all functions of the SAP ArchiveLink standard interface.
How is SAP ILM integrated?
The EASY WebDAV for SAP ILM module is used for technical integration of SAP ILM. The prerequisites for this are a corresponding EASY Archive and the basic module for EASY Archive for SAP Solutions (see above) as well as corresponding user licenses.
Is WebDAV for SAP ILM certified by SAP?
Yes, EASY WebDAV for SAP ILM is certified by SAP.
How does ILM Integration support the transition to SAP S/4HANA?
Not only the time required, but also the cost of S/4HANA varies greatly depending on the size of the database content to be migrated. However, a well-planned conversion with cleansed data brings many positive developments. These include, for example:
- Better performance
- Less storage space required after clean-up
- Easy administration of the HANA database
- Less ongoing costs for space on main storage
- Fewer resources to migrate and reduced total cost of ownership
Discover useful whitepapers, webinar recordings, guides and checklists on archiving in SAP.
How to make archived data from SAP and other applications more usable through integrated document management.
In this whitepaper, you will learn best practices for preparing for an ILM project and learn more about the legal background to data archiving.