Letter of reference creation for SAP HCM
Easy, fast and secure
- Automated process for creating letters of reference integrated into in HCM®
- Available on any device (SAP® Fiori® / HTML5)
- Simplified evaluation thanks to a grading and text module system
- Legally checked text modules for creating letters of reference
- Adherence to compliance: authorizations for creating letters of reference, digital signature control, reviewed company data
- Adherence to the corporate design for letters of reference
- Reporting on the letter of reference process
- Significantly reduces complexity and processing time
- Fast cycle times for the entire creation process
- Coordinated cooperation between HR, managers, and employees
- Managers can feel secure in formulations
- Maximum transparency, because open tasks and deadlines are always in view
- Space and capacities for strategic tasks in HR management
- Increase in internal service quality and support for the employer brand
The functions of the letter of reference creation SAP® at a glance
Convenient process start for employees
If an employee would like to request a letter of reference – whether it is an interim assessment, an internship reference, or a leaving reference – they start the process quite simply in the Fiori® Launchpad via integrated employee self-services (ESS), even via a mobile device. As things proceed, the employee can always view the current status and knows where the reference is at the moment.
Letter of reference creation with a few clicks
The HR department receives a notification of a request for the creation of a letter of reference. First, a template is chosen, and then the appropriate text modules are determined by mouse click. Here, the processor is dynamically guided through appropriate options/alternatives based on their selection. Data in the personnel master record from SAP® HCM® are entered directly into the reference template (name, length of employment, etc.).
Letters of reference hold risks when the formulations are not legally compliant. Typically, managers assess their employees, but don’t have the knowledge for the legally correct formulation. The EASY letter of reference creation software solves that problem with legally verified text modules which are kept up to date through regular updates. EASY delivers around 500 text modules which have been verified by a lawyer for employment law.
Maximum speed in creating the letter of reference
If already existing approval strategies or mechanisms for supervisor location are implemented (using the SAP® Organization Management), the supervisor is automatically informed in the next step. The manager can now award grades via an evaluation system. These grades are automatically converted into the legally approved text modules in the background.
Digital signature control
Digital signature control via SAP® HCM® saves time and prevents media disruptions. The letter of reference doesn’t get “stuck” somewhere because an approval is missing.
Mobile work for managers
By the way, managers can also handle all approvals and assessments mobile by smartphone or tablet using SAP® Fiori® or HTML5.
Corporate design in letter of reference creation
The document templates include only the corporate design specifications and the structure of the document (e.g. company name and logo) and are created in Microsoft Word. The text modules and text variables and the rules are maintained as independent objects in SAP® and can be changed independently by the department without extensive understanding of SAP®.
Automatic storage, satisfied employees
After the letter of reference is complete, the employee can view and approve it. Then the letter of reference is automatically stored in the correct personnel file.
We were looking for software which the HR admins, HR business partners, and mangers could use to create forms and documents, and initiate and monitor processes in their familiar SAP environment. EASY convinced us, because they delivered concrete business content, in this case for creating letters of reference. We were able to get a prototype running very quickly. At the same time, we will also be able to map more business transactions in the future.